Giggles and Questions with Kacey

Hi ! Welcome back to my cheeky interviews with members of staff . This time I have a helper … it’s Jazmin !!

As Jazmin and myself are the new Ridge blog editors we will need to write an editors   letter .

Hey! It’s jazz here.This week I will be diving deep into the personality of Mrs.pike who teaches in year 6 on Monday and Tuesday and runs forest skills. Here we go…

What’s your favourite food and why?

Spaghetti Bolognese because my dad was really good at cooking it and it was the only dish I could make when I moved out

What did you do before teaching?

Well, when I was training to be a teacher I worked as a lifeguard.

If you could invite 3 celebrity’s (dead or alive) to a dinner party who would it be?

First I would invite saverouse snape to chat about harry potter, then Michael Mcintyre to make me laugh, and Adel because she seems very down to earth and she could sing whilst we are eating

If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and why?

Canada, by the Rocky Mountains as vie been there on my holiday and everywhere I looked I smiled!

If you could play any Olympic sport what would you play?

Bobsleigh because it looks fun zooming down on that thing!!

If you could be any animal what would you be and why?

I would be a tiger as  they are very good at camo and blending in so I could hide if I needed, and they are strong!

Memory challenge!

Ruler, highlighter, pencil, lolly stick, protractor, scissors, sharpener, marble, pin, cup, glue, mirror, dictionary, times table grid, whiteboard.

Mrs.pike got them all right

Hope you enjoyed,

By jazz!

Me and Jazmin will be alternating around so one week I will be terrorising the staff whilst Jazmin writes  the editors letter and then we swap round . The first member of staff to face my questions  is Mr Patton . Read on to find out more !!

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Bubbly. Competitive. Hardworking.

What is your favourite food ?

Curry.

If you could be any animal what would it be  and why ?

I would be a golden eagle because I would like to see the world from above and I want to fly at great speed.

How long have you been teaching at the Ridge ?

3 years.

If you could invite 3 celebrities, dead or alive, who would it be and why ?

Steven Gerrard to talk about football. David Attenborough  to talk about wildlife. Jon Bon Jovi to rock out.

You have been given an elephant ,  you can’t give it away or sell it what would you  do with it ?

I would keep it , train it and use it as a mode of transport.

This year instead  of the cups I am doing a memory game! I will show the member of staff 15 objects and let them look at them for 15  seconds . When I cover them up  it  all depends on how many objects they could remember.

Mr Patton remembered 14 out of 15  objects !! Impressive !

Hello, I’m Kacey. Join me while I interview and interrogate as many staff members as I can!

As it is the last week, I couldn’t interview staff so I put them under as much pressure as I could with my cup stacking challenge. Here is the league table!

Teacher Number of cups stacked Rank
Mr Boult 30 cups 6th
Mrs Forman 38 cups 3rd
Mrs Watkins 38 cups 3rd
Mr Patton 39 cups 2nd
Mrs Spooner 37 cups 5th
Mrs Long 47 cups 1st

This week Mrs Forman faced my cheeky questions !! Read on to find out how she answered my questions .

Why did you want to teach ?

I loved  my  primary school and I have always loved learning and working with  children . The magic moments of  teaching is when children have struggled  to work something out and then it clicks. The expression is  priceless.

What is your  favourite food ?

Chicken fajitas with lots of cheese and guacamole .

If you could invite 3 celebrities , dead or alive , to dinner who would it be  and why ?

Michael Rosen , not only is he a fantastic author/poet he is passionate  about children’s education and I would imagine he would be very interesting to talk to. Tracy Neville , who  is a England netball coach and I really admire  her dedication to the  sport. Brian Cox because my mum wouldn’t forgive me if I didn’t invite him .

Describe yourself in 3 words

Dedicated , energetic , tired.

If you could be any animal what would it be and why ?

A swallow because the feeling of flying would be wonderful and it would be great to see the world from a different perspective. Also I would like to visit Africa .

Can you give me an example of how you have used your initative today ?

When the backdrop of  the scenery  fell in the play I rushed  to class 7 to grab a staple gun to solve the problem and Miss Easthope didn’t have to ask me – I used my initative .

Stack  as many cups as you can in the next minute .

38 cups !!!

Mrs Forman has beaten Mr  Boult ,who got 30 cups, with an outstanding 38 cups!!

This week I interviewed our  head teacher Mr Boult. I was a little nervous but that soon changed when Mr Boult handed me a kit kat !!!

What did you do before head teaching ?

I was a class teacher and I worked in five different schools , before that I worked for the BBC as a reporter  .

How long have you been head teacher ?

I have been head teacher at The Ridge for 7 years now .

What is the most memorable event you have experienced  at  The Ridge and why ?

Yate the musical , I liked it because everyone was involved and it was lots of fun .

If you were to have any other job in the world what would it be and why ?

An author who wrote books about art  because I like looking at paintings .

Describe yourself in 3 words .

Grumpy , optimistic and busy.

I would be a mud skipper because they are very ugly but very interesting . mud skipper

You have been given an elephant , you can’t give it away or sell it what would you do with it ?

I would keep him in my garden and let him flap his big ears to keep cool in the summer .

Kacey’s challenge – Each week I will be keeping a league table on how many cups can be stacked by different teachers. Could you beat the clock? 

How many cups can you stack in a minute ?

Wow! A very impressive 30 cups.